Heart of Africa respects your privacy and the purpose for which our website visitors provide us information. We do not share, sell, or rent any of the information that you provide to us through this website to any third parties and do not intend to do so in the future.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
Heart of Africa collects and uses information in the following ways:
- Information you supply: If you request information from or submit information to Heart of Africa by sending an e-mail, filling out a “request for information” form, or making a donation, we may save your e-mail address as well as any other information you may provide. This information may be used to contact you in the future by mail, e-mail, or phone to convey information about Heart of Africa, its products or services that we feel may benefit you. Your e-mail and other information you provide will not be sold to any third party. Some information you provide may be shared with a 3rd party when necessary to qualify or complete a purchase or donation.
- Automatic Collection of Information: In addition to the information that you choose to submit to us, we may also automatically collect certain information through the use of Google Analytics or other resources when you access our site. This information is not personally identifiable and can include, among other things, IP addresses, the type of browser in use (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.), the third party website from which your visit originated, the operating system in use (e.g. Vista, Windows XP, Mac OS, etc.), the domain name of your Internet service provider (e.g. America Online, NetZero, etc.), the search terms uses on our site, the specific pages visited, and the duration of your visits.
Google Analytics and other resources also provide us with demographic information that is also not personally indentifiable. This type of information may include, among other things, gender, age and interests.
We use this information in a variety of ways. For example, we may use this information to help analyze our site traffic, understand customer needs and trends, carry out targeted promotional activities, and improve our services. We may use your information by itself or aggregate it with information we have obtained from others. We may share this information with our affiliated companies and third parties for the reasons noted above, among others.
If you would like to prevent Google Analytics and related services by Google from collecting information during your visit to any website, you can install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
- Cookies, etc.: “Cookies” are small text files from a website that are stored on your computer. These text files allow us to determine, among other things, whether our users reach certain pages. Cookies themselves do not typically contain any personally identifiable information. We may analyze the information derived from these cookies and other technological tools we employ (such as clear gifs/web beacons) and match this information with data provided by you or another party. We may provide our analysis and certain non-personal information to third parties (who may help us analyze our data), but this will not involve disclosing any of your personally identifiable information.
- Google Conversion Tracking: Our site uses Google conversion-tracking to, among other things, analyze the effectiveness of our Google AdWords advertisements. When you click on a Google AdWords advertisement, Google adds a cookie to your computer. If you then access certain pages on our site, this action is logged by Google and reported back to us. If you want to disable conversion tracking cookies, you can set your browser to block cookies from googleadservices.com.
- Legally Compelled Disclosure of Information: Heart of Africa may disclose information when legally compelled to do so, or when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires disclosure or for the protection of our legal rights.
- Future Use of Information: As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or purchase assets. If another entity acquires us or all (or substantially all) of our assets, the personally identifiable information and non-personal information we have about you will be transferred to and used by this acquiring entity, though we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your preferences are followed. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered an asset of ours and as such may be sold or transferred to third parties.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY OTHERS
UPDATING, CORRECTING, AND DELETING PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you would like to have your personal information removed from Heart of Africa’s records, please send us an e-mail, with “Remove personal information” in the subject line. To update, change, or correct your personal information, please send an e-mail with your updated, changed or corrected information.
We have implemented security measures we consider reasonable and appropriate to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. While we strive to protect your information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online.
PERIODIC POLICY CHANGES
This policy statement is made in the name of Heart of Africa and is effective as of December, 2014 . This statement does not create an agreement between Heart of Africa and users, and as such, does not create any legal rights for any party.
For inquiries contact:
Heart of Africa
Rev. Reuben Lang’at or Dr. D. Michael Henderson
P.O. Box 5
Wilmore, Kentucky 40390