We have created a great partnership with Innovation Education International, which enables us to take the SmartBox into schools and education settings across Africa. This is No Ordinary Box!
SmartBox® solves 6 challenges faced by schools in developing countries:
1. Lack of Internet – The SmartBox® provides students a vast collection of content sent wirelessly to the Chromebooks.
2. Limited Electricity – Runs on battery power for 12-16 hours; recharges in 2-4 hours with generator or solar system.
3. Textbook Shortage – Students have access to a myriad of books, videos and learning resources.
4. Teacher Shortage – Students can learn in the absence of a qualified teacher, and teachers can also learn!
5. Messy Wiring Runs – Gone are the days of the traditional computer lab with its tangle of cords.
6. Security – Can be securely locked and stored each evening.
Chris came in to Heart of Africa with one of the main goals of starting our SmartBox initiative. Over the years Heart of Africa has built schools or has partnered with teachers and educators in various areas across Africa. Many of these teachers and schools have the consistent battle of adequate school materials to educate the many student that attend. God knew this and provided by placing the necessary pieces together for Chris’s transition to Heart of Africa. Even before joining our team was on Chris’s radar, he had developed a great relationship with Gary Friesen the developer of the SmartBox tool. Since joining Heart of Africa and heading up the Smartbox initiative, Chris and Gary have continued their great friendship. Now do they not only attend the same church together but now work together on the deployment of SmartBoxes all over Africa. We praise God and are in awe of how He provides the necessary pieces to the puzzle that is His ministry.
Support the growth of this ministry by donating towards these needs.